Jewellery Care Instructions
How to look after fine jewellery
Here at HB Finest we want you to enjoy the diamonds for forever long. This is why proper jewellery care is so important.
- Firstly, we would recommend to take the diamond jewellery to a professional jeweller twice a year. They will look at the prongs and mountings to make sure they’re in good shape. In this way you can prevent the diamond to fall from a sitting, being damaged or even lost.
- Keep the jewellery in an original padded box. It can save diamond and gold from scratching.
- Insure your finest jewellery pieces.
- Remove the jewellery before having a shower, avoid using harsh chemicals, or when applying the makeup and perfumes. Avoid wearing your jewellery while applying cream to ensure it doesn’t get behind the diamond or between the prongs, causing build up and dullness.
- Take the jewellery off before playing any sports or getting into swimming pool, hot tub. Chlorine isn’t kind when it comes into contact with gold and can discolour and even damage the metal if it is regularly submerged.
- For easy cleaning at home try mixing a few drops of dishwashing liquid in a cup of warm water, which will help remove grease. Leave it for a couple of minutes. Pull the jewellery out of the cleaning solution, and gently scrub all around the diamond with a soft toothbrush. Don’t scrub too hard, be gentle. Rinse and dry.
Still got questions? Contact us!